Thistle Home Page
Thistle-Win Update October 17, 2005
Update, October 17, 2005
Added to Thistle-Win v1.4:
- Added ability to export assembly code.
- Fixed bug in MID function.
Added to Thistle-Win v1.3:
- WRITEFILEPAD function writes files in chunks of 1023 bytes. Strings written to disk files are padded out to that length. This is the way the original Thistle-Win files were written. To write strings without padding, use WRITEFILE.
Added to Thistle-Win v1.2:
- syntax coloring in the editor with CodeAChrome.DLL
- tabbing between controls
- ability to run an external program or file
- primitive graphics
- rgb function
- display bitmap file
- bugs fixed:
- fixed errors in file read/write functions
- fixed bug retrieving line of text in edit control
Thistle is a programming language and compiler, suitable for introductory programming instruction. It creates a single file, compiled executable application. Thistle comes with a code editor, helpfile, sample code, and the FASM assembler. There are two versions of Thistle. Thistle creates a console application. Thistle-Win creates a Windows application.
- Download Thistle-Win (Windows Version 1.2, October 10, 2005 - 1718 kb) - unzip and run "Setuptwin.exe."
- Download Thistle (Console Version 1.0, June 17, 2005 - 1403 kb) - unzip to a temporary folder and run "setup.exe."
Thistle was written in Liberty BASIC. [http://www.libertybasic.com/]
Here is a screenshot of the Thistle-Win Windows version editor.
Here is a screenshot of the Thistle console version editor.
Here is a screenshot of a calculator program written in Thistle-Win. The code for the program is included in the distribution.
Here is a screenshot of a game written in Thistle. The code for this game is included in the distribution.
- The authors do not guarantee the suitability or appropriateness of the this application for any use.
- The authors cannot be held responsible for any errors or problems that occur from the use of this product. Use at your own risk.
- There are no warrantees, either expressed or implied.
Thistle may be distributed freely, as long as these conditions are met:
- All copyright information must be included in the distribution.
- The distribution must contain all of the original files.
- No fee may be charged for Thistle.
- You cannot claim Thistle as your own product.
- Thistle uses the free, FASM assembler/linker. You must include the FASM license.
- You are free to distribute the programs you write with Thistle. A note about Thistle in the credits of your programs is appreciated, but not required.
The Thistle language, compiler and integrated development environment are copyright 2005, Thomas Watson and Alyce Watson.